Friday, October 2, 2009

ArtPrize in GR


Hey Girls,

Just wanted to give you all the low down about ArtPrize. Seriously, when they do this again next year, we need to all meet in GR for the weekend. They announced the top ten last night and I voted for like 7 out of 10. This is the largest art project ever in Michigan. They had over 1,200 entries in venues all around GR. Apparently there were 700 people who didn't make it to a venue, so therefore they didn't get into the competition. Crazy. One of my favorites was the 100,000 paper airplane launch. I can't believe it didn't make the top ten. There was a great debate in GR whether it was art or not. I think it was a type of performance art. Part of the performance was having local musicians, singers, etc. play a specific melody. My brother played the trombone down there. It was wonderfully engaging. Please plan to come in for it. It is truly something you don't want to miss.


Love,

Katie

2 comments: